venerdì 28 marzo 2008

The Eastern trip - part II


























































































































































On the Easter day, with my trip mates (my italian flatmate and other 5 girls studying with me in Sydney) we rent 2 cars, we left Melbourne and we travelled along the Great Ocean Road, famous to be one of the most scenic and beautiful roads in Australia.

First of all, i have to confess you my “pleasure” in driving again! After more than a month without a car, I really enjoyed driving again! And it was my first time driving in the “wrong side” of the road! yeah, in Australia (like in England) the wheel is on the right side of the car and you have to drive staying in the left side of the road! It’s such a strange thing to drive in that way!! And as the Australians know that, they put a lot of road signs remembering “drive on the left in Australia!”. Anyway, i’m here telling you that, so that means I didn’t have any car accidents!!

Apart that, i drove along one of the most amazing roads i saw in my life! The road runs along the Ocean and across some forests. It’s a pity i’m not a photographer and i don’t have a professional camera, as I won’t able to let you to appreciate the beauty of those places at the most... i’m posting some photos, but believe me that the reality is much more better! You can’t see the blue of the ocean, you can’t really feel the presence of the nature... i could stay there for hours, admiring and enjoying those beautiful landscapes.
My God, how many wonderful places we have in our world and sometimes we forget or even we spoil them!

The road is also full of signs, telling you to be careful about the presence of the kangaroos! unluckily we didn’t see any and i could also took a picture with the road sign!! but, on the way back to Melbourne, crossing an eucalyptus forest, we saw some koalas! So i can confirm you, that’s true that in Australia the koala live freely! They just stay on the trees and sleep... they aren’t active animals at all! But they’re so sweet! And I realized another dream! Yeah, you don’t know that, but my first “teddy bear” when i was a child was a koala!!

Nessun commento: